The first step in this school adventure is kindergarten.
Growing up together from 2 to 6 years old
Organized in a single cycle, kindergarten is the first step to ensure the success of all pupils within a fair and demanding school for everyone. Kindergarten allows children to learn and live together. It is divided into sections:
- Toute Petite Section (TPS) Pre-kindergarten 2-3 years: Discovery and socialization respecting the rhythm of each pupil
- Petite Section (PS) Kindergarten 3-4 years: Socialization to pupil becoming to maximize academic success
- Moyenne Section (MS) Kindergarten 4-5 years: Towards reading and writing to learn a more structured language
- Grande Section (GS) Kindergarten 5-6 years: The hinge class for a successful entry in CP: consolidation of prior learning, approach learning to read, discovery of writing as a means of communication, make the link between oral language and writing
Children can settle into a multilingual and multicultural daily routine. They learn 3 languages: French, English and Italian. Children are supported to progressively build towards the future educational environment of the primary school, with 50% of teaching delivered in English and 50% in French. 2 hours a week of Italian. Children are sensitized to the Italian language through contines, youth albums, etc. Gradually, they learn to use oral language to communicate.
The reception of the pupils is possible from 7:45 am. The day is punctuated by a break in the morning from 10am to 10:30 am and by the meridian break.
The Daycare and extracurricular activities are possible until 5:30 pm.
During school holidays, a Holiday Camp is proposed to families.
5 areas of competence
Engaging with the language in all its dimensions
reaffirms the leading role of language in preschool as an essential condition of success for all. The stimulation and structuring of spoken language skills and gradual phasing-in of writing skills are seen as priorities in the preschool and involve all areas.
Acting and expressing themselves through physical activity
Physical activities allow children to explore their possibilities, expand and refine their motor abilities and master new balances. They help them to develop their laterality, the oriented image of their own body, and to better position themselves in time and space.
Acting, expressing themselves and understanding through artistic activities
Artistic activities allow children to develop interactions between action, sensations, the imagination, sensitivity and thought.
Structuring their mind
The preschool gradually leads children to discover numbers and their uses, explore shapes and sizes. Teachers present them with problems within their reach to prompt reflection.
Exploring the world
This area helps children to develop an initial understanding of their environment and arouses their curiosity. Based on the knowledge they are already familiar with, the preschool sets children on a path to ordering the world around them, accessing common representations and concepts that are then further developed in primary school.
Preschool at ISD Rome
- Adapt to young children, ensure their safety and well-being, and develop their self-confidence.
- Prepare children for fundamental learning, especially by developing their language, an essential element of access and structuring learning.
- Provide a multilingual and multicultural daily environment through learning in French, English and Italian.
- Make daily physical and artistic activities to develop the interactions between action, sensations, imagination, sensitivity, thought and language.
- Learning through workshops, playing, thinking and problem solving, practicing, remembering.
Spiritual education is offered to children from preschool to sixth form.
Canteen dedicated to kindergarten
Divided into 2 spaces for more serenity.
For the little ones.
Library dedicated to primary school
The library includes XXX albums and documentaries.
Outdoor recreation areas
Sports field, pine forest with lawn, pine forest suitable for collective games, playgrounds, sports and motor skills boards, kindergarten vegetable garden and small amphitheatre.
The motor classroom
Has the necessary equipment to allow children to perform motor skills courses (learn to jump, crawl, move, throw, etc.) but also different bikes and cycles to learn to move on a circuit.